Sunday, May 24, 2009

Pre-Departure

Hello, My name is Crys Giles. I'm a 20-year-old senior at OU. I am double majoring in Journalism and Chinese. This summer, I will be going to Kunming, China to study Chinese.

I leave this Thursday, May 28, 2009. It will be my first time going on a plane...Crazy, I know. I haven't even step foot in China, and already I have spent at least $3,000 in plane ticket, passport and visa, mailing, processing fees, and various others fees. Sometimes, the fear of crashing on the plane is enough to make me want to cut my losses and stay here...on the ground. It will take me four planes to get there: From Tulsa to Denver (1hr 30min), From Denver to L.A (2hrs), From L.A to Bejing (12hrs), From Bejing to Kunming (3hrs). It will take be about a day to get there.

Getting my visa was heck because of the H1N1 disease (swine flu). I had to redo it at least twice.

People ask me all the time, how do I feel about going to China. I don't know. I'm excited, scared, loss for words......

1 comment:

  1. Adjusting is one of the hardest things to do. Im proud of how far you've gone proving you are not a statistic. I cant beleive this Summer we will be all around the world, well me th country, but I love you and wsh you the best time. because luck is not substantial at this point, adventure is the only catalyst in which you need to focuse upon. Have UN!!! d8)

    ReplyDelete